At Proposales, we’re changing the way hotels create and send business proposals. We’re on an ambitious journey to win the European market, and we’re looking for an Area Manager for the Southern European market with a “hunter” mentality, underpinned by a humble approach to join our growing Sales Team in Amsterdam.
You'll play a pivotal role in helping us grow our customer base in the Southern European region and soon throughout the rest of the world. Your role is to connect with hotels and chains by using modern selling strategies to show new hotels and chains in your region and help them solve their challenges using Proposales. Using strong consultative selling skills, you will connect and meet with innovators within the industry to learn about their challenges and educate them on the modern way of creating and sending proposals. Getting support from a dedicated SDR booking and qualifying meeting while being responsible for the full cycle of key accounts in your region.
Joining a company early is exciting; not only will you play a critical role in developing and defining the sales playbook, as one of our first employees, you will also receive a competitive package, including salary, commission program, personal development budget, and above all; huge potential to rapidly grow your professional career by learning on the fly.
In the role of Area Manager, you will be responsible for nurturing the life-cycle of customers from demo to close and beyond.
You’re responsible for the following business-critical activities:
- Attend industry events to generate leads, produce sales and promote the Proposales’ platform
- Participate in strategy/campaign planning, collaborating with growth and the wider sales
- Maintain broad and in-depth knowledge of the product, product features, and pricing plans
- Determine and execute the Go To Market strategy for your area and include the requirements from Marketing and SDRs in your strategy to hit targets.
- Close business with new and existing customers at or above quota level
- Create accurate month to month revenue forecasts
- Continuously analyse area performance and adjust the strategy to constantly optimise the process.
How your success will be measured:
- New ARR
- You’ve previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- You have a good understanding of the sales process, keep your pipeline consistently up to date and know how to act throughout every step of the funnel to optimise your efforts and probabilities of every stage.
- You have analytical skills to project new business forecasts on a month to month basis.
- You’ll have an innate sense of curiosity. You’ll address issues and challenges openly, and thoughtfully, and you’ll understand the impact of your work on the wider team
- Exceptional communication skills. You’ll be persuasive, professional and adept at engaging with high-level external stakeholders through presentations, verbal and written platforms
- A technical mindset, you’ll pick up our tech quickly and be able to explain it fluently to our target customers
- You’re charismatic, customer focussed, positive, influencing and engaging. You’ll also display tenacity, resilience and diplomacy
- You’ve got a positive outlook and a strong ability to take responsibility for your successes and failures
- You’ve got a sharp focus and clear idea of your personal goals
- Working proficiency and communication skills in both verbal and written English and at least one Southern European language (Italian, Spanish or Portuguese).
- You understand, enjoy and act in line with what is expected in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
Some additional skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS start-up environment
- Passion for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech and hospitality industry.