At Proposales, we’re changing the way hotels create and send business proposals. We’re on an ambitious journey to win the European market, and we’re looking for a passionate and seasoned Senior Area Manager with a strong closing background and proven leadership experience.
Your role will be a combination of a hands-on Senior Area Manager leading the GTM development and execution of the Southern European or Benelux market and managing one or two ‘Pods’ responsible for one or more regions in Europe. You'll play a leading role in creating and executing Go To Market (GTM) strategies for your designated regions. You'll help the members of your Pod, a team of two to four Area Managers and Country Managers (SDRs), to meet individual quotas and ensure progress with our "Ideal Customer Profile".
Joining a company early is exciting, not only will you be part of defining the vision, as one of our first employees, you will also receive a competitive package, including salary, stock option program, commission program, personal development budget, and much more.
- Based within our Sales Team, you’ll work with the members of your Pod and the wider Sales Team to develop and execute Go To Market strategies to ensure we continue to hit repeatable, scalable, and consistent growth.
- Identify and connect with the early adaptors and innovators within your region(s) and make them advocates of our mission by creating long-term relationships.
A bit about the role:
- Managing a Pod of Area Manager(s) and Country Manager(s) with a combined yearly ARR quota
- Training and supporting members of your Pod(s) to deliver on their personal goals with building and delivering on a well-defined plan
- Support Area Managers to be successful and independently driving their region, ensuring progress with our sweet spot customers and support entering the right customers
- Create and deliver on an accurate monthly forecast
- Continuously analyze and report on sales performance and being able to adjust the strategy to constantly optimize the process.
- Support cross-functional projects, such as; Partnerships, Growth projects, integration projects, sales development projects.
- As a senior sales team member, you will be part of cross-functional projects for the development of commercial activities, for example; partnership development, integrations projects, new market research, sales blueprints.
How your success will be measured:
- Yearly individual ARR quota
- Yearly ARR quota for managing pod
- The Proposales customer base growth in assigned regions
- Personal growth of direct reports
- You have at least 5 years of sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- You have a good understanding of the sales process, keep your pipeline consistently up to date, and know how to act throughout every step of the funnel to optimize your efforts and probabilities of every stage.
- You understand the value of balancing industry and product knowledge and can coach other salespeople on both.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued.
- You have the analytical skills to project new business forecasts on a month-to-month basis.
- Exceptional communication skills. You’ll be persuasive, professional and adept at engaging with high-level external stakeholders through presentations, verbal and written platforms
- You’ve got a positive outlook and a strong ability to take responsibility for your successes and failures
- Working proficiency and communication skills in both verbal and written English
- You understand, enjoy, and act in line with what is expected in a rapidly growing start-up environment
Some additional skills that would be awesome
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS start-up environment
- Hands-on experience with hotel tech sales
- Passion for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech and hospitality industry.