At Proposales, we’re changing the way hotels create and send business proposals. We’re on an ambitious journey to win the European market, and we’re looking for an Area Manager for a dedicated part of the European market with a “hunter” mentality, underpinned by a humble approach to join our growing Sales Team in Amsterdam or remotely.
You'll play a pivotal role in helping us grow our customer base in Europe and soon throughout the rest of the world. Your role is to grow the Proposales clients base focussing on hotel chains in your dedicated regions using an account based sales approach. By using strong consultative selling skills, you will connect and meet with innovators within the industry to learn about their challenges and educate them on the modern way of creating and sending proposals.
Joining a company early is exciting; not only will you play a critical role in further developing and defining the sales playbook for your region(s), you will also receive a competitive package, including base salary, commission program, personal development & wellbeing budget, and above all; huge potential to rapidly grow your professional career by learning on the fly.
In the role of Area Manager, you will be responsible for nurturing the life-cycle of customers from demo to close and beyond.
- Based within our Sales Team, you’ll work with your teammates and the wider RevOps Team to develop and execute the go to market strategy for your dedicated region(s) to ensure we continue to hit repeatable, scalable and consistent growth.
- Identify and connect with the early adaptors and innovators within your region(s) and make them advocates of our mission by creating long term relationships.
- Manage simultaneous conversations with multiple stakeholders across long and short sales cycles. Fully understand and build a network of trust with the right stakeholders in your area to help them innovate and grow.
Some of your focus areas will be:
- Determine and execute the Go To Market strategy for your area and include the required support from supporting teams
- Create accurate month to month revenue forecasts
- Support cross-functional projects, such as; Partnerships, Growth projects, integration projects, sales development projects
- Attend industry events to generate leads, produce sales and promote the Proposales’ platform
- Lead & coach a team of 2
- Maintain broad and in-depth knowledge of the product, product features, and pricing plans
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential customers
- Close business with new and existing customers at or above quota level
- Work collaboratively with Sales Team and wider RevOps Team to evolve our modern sales strategy with creative thinking
- Perform as the Key Account Manager of our main clients in your region and use them in a strategic way to grow our people, product and company further
- Analyse, understand, and use key metrics in our CRM (Hubspot) to optimise performance
A bit about you:
- You’re curious by nature and address issues and challenges openly, and thoughtfully, and you’ll understand the impact of your work on the wider team
- Excellent track record in sales, in which you demonstrated the ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Excellent & professional communicator adept at engaging with high-level external stakeholders through presentations, verbal and written platforms
- A technical mindset, ability to pick up (our) tech quickly and be able to explain it fluently to (our) target customers
- You understand, enjoy and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up environment
- A genuine interest in leading & coaching a small team
Some additional skills that would be awesome:
Experience working in a B2B SaaS start-up environment
Experience selling (travel) technology to the hotel industry
Passion for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech and hospitality industry.
The more languages you master, the better.